27 май 2021 г.

"Nobody"

"I'm your drug of choice,
Or your inner voice,
I'm a shout in the dark
Cutting through all the noise.

The end of the rope,
Or your only hope,
I'm an angel sent from Heaven
Here to lead you home*.

So don't give up, I'll be tough,
Enough for the both of us,
Invincible, untouchable,
So nobody knows.

Nobody knows I'm a nobody,
No one can see that I'm blind,
I look like a winner, I'm a loser, baby,
It's all just a trick in your mind.

And nothing gives away like nothing,
I'm hiding here in the lie,
Nobody knows I'm a nobody,
And I'm your hero and I.

I'm a missing piece,
Something to believe,
I'm the only thing
That keeps you from bleeding out.

I'll be your tourniquet,
Or a surrogate,
I'm a good excuse**
For all your bad habits.

So don't give in, don't let them*** win,
They don't know the shape we're in,
We're invincible, we're untouchable,
So nobody knows."

----------
* Предполагам, че ще се услади и на опонентите ми.
** Многозначно.
*** Навиците.

Lzzy Hale

Реклама: да си някой тъкмо с това, че си никой 

Допълнението към статията ми "Дяволите да ни вземат", pdf: link

Бонус към "Vicious" (2018)

Великолепна песен, носталгична... моята философия, вкл. и по настроение
(навява ми Deep Purple като че от края на 80-те)

Та първите 2/3 са подготовка за последната 1/3, за която част брилянтно допринася и Ник Разкулинец, продуцентът (той продуцира и предстоящия да излезе всеки момент албум на Halestorm)

Аудио: link