4 март 2022 г.

Бирмингам, 2 март' 2022, acoustic


I Like It Heavy & She won't Mind

(by Lzzy Hale)

Some like beautiful, perfect, and pretty,
And I see the good in the bad and the ugly
,
I need the volume one louder than ten,
Put the pedal to the metal, needle into the red;
If the windows ain't shaking making my heart race,
If I can't feel it in my chest, I'm in the wrong damn place.

Got a demon in my soul, and a voice in my head,
And saying "go, go, go, I can sleep when I'm dead",
And there's a sonic revelation bringing me to my knees,
And there's a man down below that needs my sympathy;
I got a ringing in my ears getting ready to burst
Screaming "hallelujah, motherfucker, take me to church".

I like it louder than the boom of a big bass drum,
I need it harder than the sound of guitar grunge,
I love to crank it up, make it thump, and evil to the core,
Head-banging in the pit, and throwing my horns;
And just like old-school Sabbath, Zeppelin, Lemmy
I need to drop it down low, and make it heavy.

I "ride the lightning", I "roll with the thunder"
Going down, down, down with my sisters and brothers,
I fell in love with "the darkest parts",
I'm standin' on the side of "the wild at heart";
I plucked "the feather of a crow", so I could fly,
Since I was 13 years old I've had my fist to the sky.


(She won't Mind, a cappella)

Take me home tonight, I'll do anything with you;
Buy a bottle of whiskey, we'll get matching tattoos;
Tell me that you love me, oh, let me drive your car;
We can sit 'til morning light just counting every star!

'Cause if there's a hell, I'll meet you there;
And if there's a heaven, they're servin' beer;
And if you're an angel, then I must be high;
Oh, if there's a church, it's Rock-and-Roll;
And if there's a devil, I sold my soul;
And it's alright whatever we do tonight;
'Cause if there's a god, damn it, she won't mind
;
If there's a god, baby, she won't mind. 

(Let me take you down to the place where I grew up;
I got my first kiss there, and I broke a couple of hearts;
And I lost my religion behind that bedroom door;
You can take my old prayers, I don't need them anymore.)