16 октомври 2024 г.

Поетката

Tomboy

I can't compete or compare 
To the star runners, the straight stunners 
With 'Barely There' curves, 
Giving model stares in their underwear.

While I'm huffing and puffing,
Calling everyone's bluff,
And glue-gunning my studs on my boots
Keeping tough: is it what I'm enough?

Am I doomed now to trust in my gut
When the dirt piles up,
To smile and pile it on month after month, 
Spill my pain and my blood all over everyone?

I don't care anymore - caring's a bore.
Some of it has been passed on, 
Some of it I've made last,
A beautiful monument of trauma 
To commemorate my nuclear blast.

I've got my guys and my voice,
There's more to living than just breathing;
And I make sure to wear heels 
When I'm rocking men's jeans:
But I'm sick of excuses as to what it all means.

Lzzy Hale

Публ. 16 окт.' 2024, Instagram (link)

(Лизи си е отличничка в гимназията,
и особено изявена е по английски език,
та отмахва последните две години в една,
за да продължи бързо по пътя си с Halestorm;
и дори отказва първокурсника-колежанин Джо,
който става неин китарист, партньор и фотограф.)

Еманацията на нацията е тя.

Нека пак чуем и видим как изпълнява техния химн: