20 август 2024 г.

Снимката

Lzzy Hale: "Looking for my god damn birth certificate, so I can replace my passport that was burned in the fire (запалилия се автобус - б.м., link). So that I can go to the UK. Found everything else. My diploma, all my expired passports, all the old photos from early years... Nothing I was actually looking for... 8th grade graduation with my first boyfriend, John Skutlin*. He brought me the roses. John was also my first kiss. Last day of 8th grade, in a vacant, dark classroom."


6 февр.' 2022, Twitter

John: "Still remember seeing 'Godzilla' with you back then; the movie wasn't quite as good as I thought it was going to be." 

Lzzy: "I remember we shared a straw, and you put your arm around me in the theater… Which was a big deal; and after the movie, in the parking lot, you said 'you know what the best part of that movie was? seeing it with you'. Ah, melt! To be young in the 90s." 

John: "Congrats on the new album! Alas, I no longer live in Japan. Currently in mainland China at the moment. I used to travel there at least a few times a year, but then COVID struck. Hit me up if you need any recommendations at all, as I'm still very much connected with people there... I can't believe you still have that photo. Truly capturing my most awkward time, and probably the worst haircut I ever had. Good times. Hope you're doing well!"

Lzzy: "Ah, yes. Many lifetimes ago... Dude, I love combing through your latest projects!"

John: "That's an accurate way of putting it! Many lifetimes and social media accounts ago, stretching way back to pre-social media days. Projects keep me busy and connected in these crazy times. Things are very different in the music industry as well, but it looks like you're thriving... Let me know if you ever find a photo of us where I look better than in that one."

Lzzy: "I found some from the last day of school, that we took with a shitty disposable... 
You had your 'Matrix' glasses on."

Спомени, спомени...

----------

* Dr. John Skutlin, "Doctor of Japanese Studies, educator, and researcher of Goth subculture, body modification, and the occult in Japan from a cultural anthropological perspective".