18 септември 2021 г.

King Diamond, "Conspiracy" (либретото)

[виж ревюто ми "Metal-ът като високо изкуство": link]


At the Graves

Missy, I miss you so! Oh, little sister! I wish you'd come back to me and sit by my side. We'd laugh, and we'd play again. If only you'll try, oh! You know they would show the way from the other side. Rise from your grave, little sister! Rise, rise, rise, my friends! Rise! Spirits rising from their grave, burning shadows in the dead of night. Icy fingers all over my hand try to make me understand. 

Them: 'Finally we have returned, all of us.' 

Missy, is that you? Come closer! Spirits rising from their grave. Everywhere that ghostly stare. Icy fingers all over my hand lead me back to where she stands. They are back to share my life, they are back. Missy, come, come with me, there are things I must know! How did you get here, where is the door to the other side?

Missy: 'Beyond the graves lies the gate, the gate that leads to the dead. We have to leave before the dawn; if not, by the sun we will burn.'

Spirits rising from their grave. Soon the dawn will chase the dark away. Icy fingers all over my hand lead me back to where they stand. Am I glad you have returned, all of you? Do you remember when grandmother said she heard them sing? I've heard them too, and I really wish I could hear them again.

Missy: 'In your mind you'll hear them sing every night at the graves. We have to leave before the dawn; if not, by the sun we will burn.'

Now sing, show your powers onto me!

 
Sleepless Nights

I cannot sleep at night, that's what the day is for anyway. And as the clock strikes midnight, I hear them dancing at the graves, singing to my mind, killing the pain. Sleepless nights, sleepless nights! I cannot sleep at night, that's what the day is for anyway. And as the clock strikes midnight, only they can let us meet, even though she's dead now. I gotta see her again! Sleepless nights, sleepless nights! I cannot sleep at night, I will do anything to see Missy again. 

Them: 'Then let us make you an eternal deal. You will attend to the graves. You'll give us the house back; and keep in mind that we only come here at night.' 

So we made the deal under the starry night, and Amon belongs to them now. I feel the dawn coming my way. And as the sun breaks up the dark, I can't hear them dance no more. There is no voices killing the pain...


Lies

Yesterday I spent an hour, a full hour in therapy. My favourite doctor Landau. My God, I hate his breath! He asked me questions. That kind of fool deserves a lie. I gave him answers. The kind of answers doctors like. Yes, I gave him a bunch of lies. I told him all my nightmares were dead and gone: 'These days I sleep like a baby, and there never ever was a Them.' He asked me questions. That kind of fool deserves a lie. I gave him answers. The kind of answers doctors like. The doctor looked at my eyes.

Doctor: 'No trace of insanity. Maybe the time is right now to have a visit from the family. I'm thinking of your mother. What does my little patient say?'

I should have taken his stethoscope, and then forced it down his throat. My mother was at stake. So I behaved. That night I cleaned the entire house, for everything but the memories. No dust, no tea. Ah, stupid me! I even took the axe away. The sun is up, and it's time for bed. Oh, I'm so tired. I can't wait no more.


A Visit from the Dead

It must be Summer. The sky is clear. The garden is so beautiful! All the flowers, and all the trees make me feel like they're inside of me. I'm holding my sister's hand, while we're playing in the sand. It's all but a dream... My bed is moving, I cannot see a thing. I am in total darkness. Someone is calling. I can feel the chill, it's all around me. I know it's not a dream; no, no, no! Someone is in my room, standing at the end of my bed. Must be a visit from the dead, must be a visit from the dead. Now I see her figure, it's just a little child. And there is no reflection, she's in the mirror. Could it really be, has she returned? My little sister. 

Missy: 'King, beware, something bad is coming your way... King, beware!' 

Must be a visit from the dead, must be a visit from the dead. Missy, will you tell me? You know we don't have no secrets. 

Missy: 'Just beware.' 

Must be a visit from the dead, must be a visit from the dead. You have to tell me, Missy! Come on now, spit it out, girl! 

Missy: 'I will send you a dream.'


The Wedding Dream

My mother is entering my dream now. She's wearing a wedding dress. Something's wrong with the way she walks the aisle. I think it's her legs. Suddenly there is someone else beside her. That man I recognize. The doctor intends to marry mother. It's got to be stopped! Ah, now what have I done? My mother's on the floor, and the doctor's gone. Oh, everything is wrong. And as I keep the axe, I wonder what's to come. I'm caught within a dream, there's no way out. I can't escape. If only I could see the light of day, I might escape the dream! The wedding dream. Oh, the dream! Now everything turns to darkness. Deep within I feel like I'm going blind. There is a light at the end of this starless nightmare. Someone's calling, guiding me back inside the dream... No! Oh, get away from him, mother! You better stop kissing, oh, 'cause he's an enemy. Oh, take a look at his hand! He's got the key to my house; the doctor is the devil! I'm caught within a dream, there's no way out. I can't escape. If only I could see the light of day, I might escape the dream. The wedding dream. Oh, the dream. Dream, the wedding dream. Oh, the dream! Now everything turns to darkness. Deep within I feel like I'm going blind. There is a light at the end of this starless nightmare. Someone's screaming 'help me, please'; and it's me... At sunrise I woke up in a sweat. The nightmare was gone. The dream I was sent is fading slowly. I do not understand.


Amon Belongs to Them


Today my mother will return to the house. And all the things I've done I've done to make her feel at home again. Oh, it's all part of an act. She can stay as long as I keep the pact. There's someone ringing at my front door bell. I see my mother there, standing with the man I wanna send to hell.

Mother: 'Oh, King, see who came along!'

Ma, you don't understand! It's all part of the deal. There's no way I can let him inside. You see, Amon belongs to them.

Doctor: 'You go ahead and have a talk with the boy, my dear! You better bring this along, something might be going wrong inside.'

Come on, mother, let me show you the house! Come on, mother, there's a lot to discuss!

Mother: 'Oh, King, please, let him in!'

Ma, you don't understand! It's all part of the deal. Ther's no way I can let him inside. You see, Amon belongs to them... Now let me tell you what I've seen in the house lately. I've seen your daughter here coming, and going when the dark is near. And you must never ever tell anyone what I've told. I've heard them singing too... Hey, mother, what's that for? Oh, I feel the needle piercing my skin. And I'm falling, yes, I'm falling down.


Something Weird

...


Victimized

A little later in the day mother and the doctor went away. They left me lying on the floor. Heading for the local church, not a trace of guilt in their eyes. The reverend Sammael, he's the venom of God himself! And so easy to convert... Ah, conspiracy! Ah, I am being victimized again. Knocking at the preacher's door, none of them were ever here before. Sammael, God in his eyes, leads them into the silent room. Oh, such a holy gloom!

Doctor: 'Priest, do you remember King, the loony one? The one who killed his grandma' up on the hill.'

Priest: 'Yes, I do.'

Ah, conspiracy!

Doctor: 'Now he's back, the loony one.'

Talking to the preacher for a while, the doctor turned him into a child. Sammael, God in his eyes, swallowed everything the doctor said. Oh, in the gloom of the night!

Priest: 'From what you tell me, we cannot save him. It could be Satan himself, or some evil demon. Let us not waste any time, the demon might twist our minds. We must go, and do what must be done.'

Ah, conspiracy! Ah, conspiracy! I am being victimized again. Victimized!... So they left the church, conspiracy of the cursed. Through the dark and the rain. Oh, the priest, he was mildly insane! A crucifix in his hand. Oh, no!

Doctor: 'Soon the house belongs to us, my dear, and King will be gone forever, isn't it just heaven?'


Let It Be Done

Doctor: 'Who's gonna set fire into the coffin?'

Priest: 'I think, you and your wife to be. Should do it together while I keep the demon inside with my crucifix.'

Eh...

Doctor: 'So it's into the coffin, use the torch! And then we put the remains into his sister's grave, right?'

Priest: 'Yes, let it be done!'


Cremation

Whenever the dark is near, I will return from the grave to haunt you, godforsaken whore!