10 май 2022 г.

"I'm Lzzy Hale. I'm a singer, songwriter..."

"... I am so proud of the great photographer he's become; and I take pride in thinking that all the times that he's used me as a muse has contributed to his growth as an artist 
(Joe Hottinger, китарист, партньор и фотограф на Лизи - б. м.). I prefer using oils vs. lotions, especially after a shower. But money and fame are expendable... Brontosaurus - 
I had an invisible one named Toby when I was a child. And I was told that I have good pitch, and a good voice from an early age. And was singing in church. And I've gotten to the point where I know as soon as I get up in the morning how my voice will be operating that day, and what steps I might have to take... It's a combination of all those things: stamina, pure willpower at times, being prepared, and then just living in the moment, and letting the show carry you... The beautiful thing about songs is that they mean something different to me as the years go by. And I might have written the song inspired by one thing, but then later it takes on a life of its own, and strikes me in a whole new way. It starts with a spark, something that gets you excited, or moves you. That can be a line you overhear in 
a conversation, a subject you feel passionately about, a melody you're humming, or a riff you stumble upon while noodling around on your instrument. I also relate it to being 
a painter with a blank canvas: maybe you start with red, then decide to turn what would've been a rose - turn into the red lips of a woman. Writing out my feelings, getting them out of my head, and down on paper really helps me look at my issues in a more logical way. It can get cluttered and messy when I keep them all inside. Kind of like just throwing things in your closet without organizing them. It's hard to decipher what feelings should be addressed, and which feelings are just me spiraling out for no reason. Gotta clean out that inner closet, find the things you keep, and the things you purge. I write from a core place. It's combination of internal feelings, and external inspiration. I'm also a sponge, and an eavesdropper. There were no specific inspirations - except for the aspirations I had for myself"

    Lzzy Hale, 10 май' 2022, Reddit (link)

 

 "AMA" = "Ask Me Anything"