22 февруари 2022 г.

Ч. Р. Д., Joe Hottinger!

"Happy 40th birthday to this motherfucker! 2-22-22 on a 2uesday! Joe Hottinger... I've known you for 19 years; we've lived several lifetimes together, and together have built and fought for the amazing gift that Rock 'n' Roll has brought us. I'm so fucking proud of you: the man you are, the talent you possess, and your propensity for always being your honest and truest self. You are my partner in guitar crimes, my shoulder, and I would follow you into any war this life decides to bestow on us...

You inspire me every day, in ways both on stage and off. I can't imagine ever pursuing this journey without you: you have played such a pivotal role in helping me achieve my dreams! You are so supportive of me: as a musician, and maybe more importantly - as a person. I remember all those years ago, not being afraid to tell you my secrets, even before my own family knew... You accepted me without question for the woman I am, for both my dark and my light. I shine so bright because of you... 

This year is the beginning of something new, and I am ready to witness the greatness that you will forge into this chapter in your life. I will be here, always, cheering you on, and bolstering every crazy adventure you decide to take. You deserve everything that you have built, both individually and with me. Thank you so much for all that you are to me, and what you give to this world! From our 4 AM manifestos to our world domination: I will always be by your side.

If I came back a bird, I would sing to you;
If I came back a tree, I would shade your home;
If I came back as rain, I would kiss your skin;
If I came back as fire, I'd light your cigarette:
But I would find you again and again
Until all life comes to an end.

And if I came back a man, I would treat you right,
I would let you shine in all your light;
If I came back a woman a second time,
I wouldn't waste a second to call you mine;
And I will find you again and again
Until all life comes to an end...
"

Това е Рилке... Lzzy Hale, 22 февр.' 2022, Instagram (link)

Стълпотворение от поздравления там.