5 декември 2023 г.

Историята в песен

"Don't call me an angel, I'll always be sinful;
It don't make me evil, but I got my wicked ways...

I've been the liar, I've been the cheat;
I've been the black heart, I've been the thief.

You curse my name, but I believe
We all play the sinner and the saint, and the in-between.

I need my devils, I let them rage;
I keep my eyes wide open when I pray.

I've been the villain to misbehave,
I like trouble coming in a hundred different ways.

So don't call me an angel, I'll always be sinful;
It don't make me evil, but I got my wicked ways.

I'll never be faithful, I'll always be tempted;
It don't make me evil, I ain't evil, but I got my wicked ways.

I've been the freak, I've disobeyed
Every single virtue that I ever praised.

I get so high on feeling low,
Love running with the sicker things, and sleeping with my ghosts.

I burn a flame for every scar,
I swore allegiance to the fire in my heart.

That light's a darkness I will never betray,
And Heaven knows that I'll never change."

Lzzy Hale, "Wicked Ways"