28 ноември 2022 г.

"Rebel"

"This was such a great song to write! They gave me full creative reign! I wrote all the lyrics and melody in one day. One of my coolest writing experiences! Love these boys! Thank you for giving me free reign to write upon on your sick music!"

Lzzy Hale, 27 ноември' 2022, Twitter (link, link

"I've been talking with angels crying - trying to understand;
I've been dealing with devils lying - just to play my hand;
Always some kind of gravity beating, trying to keep me down;
I got to be a rebel from the inside out.

I saw the eyes of salvation at the end of a cigarette;
Empty promises and empty bottles went straight to my head;
I've been searching for remedies nowhere to be found;
I got to be a rеbel from the inside out.

I was counting on you, boy, to comе and save me from myself;
I depended on your love to escape my personal hell;
I never needed anyone, baby, and I know that now
I'm gonna be a rebel from the inside out.

I don't need your prayers or epiphanies anymore;
I won't give my apologies, babe, for breaking down that door;
I'm gonna turn all my tears into diamonds for my crown;
I'm gonna be a rebel from the inside out!

I don't need no one, I don't need your love;
I don't need your help, your prayers, or your opinions anymore;
I never needed anyone, baby, yeah, I know that nowI'm gonna be a rebel from the inside out."
 
Видео: