10 февруари 2024 г.

Poem

My brain is on fire. 
There's a fine line between 
Bleeding poems and speaking in tongues. 

But the flood gates have broken. 
An escape hatch has opened. 
And I'm flowing with the tow of my ocean.
 
Collecting seashells through the sand in my fingers, 
Instead of walking on eggshells that tile the kitchen...
That glimmer that lingers.
 
Only for one minute: 
Hoping to catch it, 
And capture the magic. 

An addiction that was pointed 
In the wrong direction. 
A weapon, a force that knows no god.
 
That has no name. 
Duel faced with no conscience, 
No allegiance.
 
Only one choice to make: 
How will I use it? 
To destroy? To create? 

To believe that all my ideas and dreams - 
They are valid. 
It feels like nothing can hold me back.
 
Like I'm trapped dragging this pen.
Because my thoughts burn faster. 
A force of nature, a natural disaster. 

Constant state of panic, urgency. 
Every spark and stolen breath - 
An emergency. 

And there's no end to this well 
Of clarity and emotion. 
My passion's been frozen.
 
For a thousand years now, 
With everyone trying to get me 
To close my mouth. 
 
Just shut down, 
And lock up my voice. 
Like I don't have a choice. 

Like I'm screaming underwater, 
But no one hears the noise that I make. 
But it quakes. And it shakes.
 
'Til the pressure is too great. 
And I could just burst into flames, 
Open my veins. 

And rain down my pain, 
And all the blame unashamed. 
My blood is a tidal wave. 

It floods the whole world with love, 
'Cause I have a lot to give. 
And I'm too tired to live just to exist. 

I'd rather jump off a cliff 
Than not take the risk. 
So I will cover this trail.
 
In my gore and my spit. 
Never give in. Never quit.
And thrive. 

Like I were the last one alive. 
'Til I have nothing left to my story 
Than this husk of a body. 

Rest in pieces knowing 
That I didn't blink for one moment. 
That I didn't leave one stone unturned. 

Not one lesson unlearned. 
And have carved out my name 
In the side of this earth.
 
Lzzy Hale,
2024 Feb. 10,
Instagram (link)