16 февруари 2024 г.

Nasty

My nasty ways, my ghastly gaze:
That cuts through the haze,
And sees past the maze
Alone - but unfazed.

And fixated on fire, and teeth gnashing,
Waves crashing 
Down to black silence
Feeding on violence.

And freed from the nihilistic world that we live in,
And all the pain unforgiven,
And rotten, forgotten,
And festering in a pestering hot oven.

Trash in my past that I made last 
For too long, 
Expired and tired
From this hell ride I'm on.

I can't think, so I drink 
Myself into a coma,
And try to freeze time,
And sleep just for one moment.

A crime never spoken is the need to be open
Before you get closure,
So break my nasty heart
To match my shattered mind.

My true self seeping through the cracks
Between dark arts and girlish grime,
Rest in pieces when I close my eyes 
For the last time.

The final chime, the last 'breathe',
Dust to dust, dirt and grit,
Blood and puss, piss and spit,
Nasty shit.

Nasty ways don't fail me today,
It takes nasty ways 
To navigate the charade,
And raise my hand when afraid.

Instead of running away 
From the weight of this chain,
I lean into the spikes,
And I no longer fear the dark parts I fight.

I am the gray, 
The pale and the light;
My nasty ways 
Won't fail me tonight.

Lzzy Hale,
2024 Feb. 15,
Instagram (link)