11 февруари 2024 г.

Pennsylvania

If it wasn't for you, 
I wouldn't have my guitar -
And my eyes full of stars,
Like the ones scattered over 
Lancaster, Lebanon skies... 
All the smoke stained bars, 
And the sweat drenched nights, 
And the bright Harrisburg lights,
And all my black sheep ways and wishes:
You trained me for my moments ascending. 
All the lessons and secrets 
I'll take to the grave: 
The way that you showed me 
To not be afraid - 
Of the noise. 
And rejoice 
In the choices I've made...
Love or hate you,
Never change who you are!
I tried to tame you, escape you,
But you have my heart.  

And I stole your blueprint,
And forged then a diamond
In that coal mines
In Pittsburgh and Pottstown:
A chance to do something 
More with my life 
Than just be a wife.
 
Lzzy Hale, 
2024 Feb. 11,
Instagram (link)